1897 James Fairley buys the North Eastern Joint Stock Company limited in High St, Shepparton
1889 James Fairley bought Geddes Store on the corner of Maude and Fryers Sts and renamed it Fairleys
S. G. Gaylard purchased Fairleys and in 1925 his son Arthur became the manager
In the 1960s Fairleys expanded by purchasing the P & O Cafe in Fryers St and in 1962 Hall's Grocery store in Wyndham St was purchased as space for a men's and boy's wear department
The Copulos Group bought Fairley’s in 1990, changing the name to Centrefair Plaza. The subsequent upgrade took two years. South Australian company Harris Scarfe bought Centrefair in 2000 where it continues as a department store to this day.