.... The first company closed down, and another picture theatre opened on the present Paramount site. They purchased the old winery building from near Dookie and removed it to Shepparton , where they erected facilities to have either indoor or outdoor pictures , having the operating box in position to serve both purposes.
....A new picture theatre was opened in 1936, "The Astor," by Mr. W. McMillan, J.P. This is on the site of the old Paramount Theatre, in High Street. Special features are modern ventilation, heating and acoustic properties of the building, all being adapted with the provisions for seating for comfort of picture and talkie patrons. The design and architecture was carried out by Mr. V. Vibert.
(History of Shepparton by WS James 1838-1938)
List of Shepparton's Theatres:
Lyric Theatre - Maude St (Cinema Capri/Village 4)
Lyric Outdoor Theatre - High St
Astor Theatre - High St
Star Theatre - Fryers St
Drive In Theatre - Melbourne Rd (Riverside Gardens site)